Our team of health promotion facilitators works in partnership with all school authorities across the province. We use the comprehensive school health framework to help school authorities and schools become healthier places to learn, work, play and grow.
Our health promotion facilitators support school authorities and schools to:
- Assess strengths, resources, and needs related to school health
- Identify priorities based on health data, student voice, and traditional wisdom
- Create practical plans to take action on school health priorities
- Monitor progress, problem-solve, and identify areas for improvement
- Learn about wellness initiatives from other Alberta school authorities and schools
- Get advice on funding opportunities and grant applications
- Find health-related related professional learning for teachers and school staff, including presentations, workshops, and facilitated conversations
- Strengthen health-related policies and procedures
- Embed health and wellness in education plans
- Collaborate with local with Alberta Health Services health professionals, and connect with other community members, groups, and organizations that support wellness
How to reach us
To connect with the health promotion facilitator assigned to support your school authority, email email@example.com.
No references - need to remove this section