Our team of public health nurses works closely with schools in Alberta to promote health and wellness. Our program is often the first point of contact between Alberta Health Services and schools.
We offer these services:
- Routine immunizations for students in grades 1–9, as part of the school immunization program
- Monitoring and response to communicable disease outbreaks in schools
- Expert advice and practical ideas to take action on school health
We also provide information for school staff, students, and families about how to find support from Alberta Health Services and in the community. This may include assessments or referrals for specific concerns related to students’ health.
How to reach us
You can connect with the public health nurse assigned to your school by contacting your local public health office or community health centre. To find your local office:
- Dial 811 (Health Link Alberta)
- Use the Alberta Health Services Find Healthcare Tool
- Select “Search by Facility Type” and choose “Public Health Centres” from the drop-down menu
No references - need to remove this section